TopChiller can design and manufacture all types of mold temperature controller for you
- Heating capacity 9KW up to 298KW
- Heating temperature to 350℃
- Good quality stainless steel heater
- For both water and oil heating usage
- Micro-computer temperature controller
- Smart temperature controlling system
- Easy installation and operation
- Full protection devices of whole MTC unit
Your Premier Mold Temperature Controller Manufacturer and Supplier Over 20 Years
Mold temperature controller, also abbreviated as TCU is one kind of mold heating machine.
Mold temperature controller (MTC)is typically used to preheat an industrial process and maintain the desired temperature, 0riginally used used in the temperature control of the injection mold. Later, with the development and application of the mechanical industry, the mold temperature controller（MTC） is generally divided into a water temperature controller and an oil temperature controller, and the temperature control accuracy can reach ± 0.1 ℃.
Mold Temperature Controller(MTC) designed by Topchiller is widely used in these indutries:plastic molding,light guide plate die-casting,rubber tires,rollers,chemical reactors,bonding,refining and other industries.
TopChiller is a professional mold temperature controller manufacturer and supplier in China with over 20 years of experience.
The working principle of the mold temperature controller is as below:
The mold temperature machine is composed of a water tank, heating and cooling system, power transmission system, liquid level control system, temperature sensor, injection port, and other devices.
In general, the pump in the power transmission system allows the hot fluid to reach the mold from the water tank equipped with the built-in heater and cooler, and then from the mold back to the water tank.
A high-quality mold temperature controller made by TopChiller features some outstanding advantages:
1. PID Temperature controller
With touch mode storage, automatic calculation, accuracy, and reliability, it can be controlled within ± 2 ℃, saving more than 35% power;
2. Two sets of electric heating pipes inside the mold temperature controller can be used separately or jointly;
3. The heating and cooling time is fast and the temperature is stable.
4. The electric heater of the mold temperature controller is made of stainless steel material.
5. Our mold temperature controller has perfect safety protection and a fault indication system.
Mold temperature controllers are widely used in modern industries including:
The mold temperature controller is widely used in the plastic industry, and its main functions are as follows:
1. Improve the forming efficiency of products;
2. Reduce the production of defective products;
3. Improve the appearance of products and restrain the defects of products;
4. Accelerate production progress, reduce energy consumption, and save energy.
The application of mold temperature controllers in the die casting industry also has a lot of space, especially in the manufacturing of magnesium alloy and aluminum alloy, the uneven or improper die temperature will lead to the instability of the casting size, the casting deformation during the production process, resulting in defects such as hot pressure, mold sticking, surface depression, internal shrinkage cavity, and hot bubble.
It also affects the production cycle, such as filling time, cooling time, and spraying time.
In the modern factory, it is urgent to save manpower, improve quality, and reduce costs in response to the market competition.
The use of a mold temperature controller can reduce the preheating time of mold, improve the surface quality of finished products, and fully automate production.
It is necessary to increase the life of the mold to improve productivity.
If you are searching for a high-quality mold temperature controller from China, Please contact TopChiller to get an instant quotation.
|Mold Temperature Controller Technical Specifications|
|Heat transfer||Water / Oil|
|Protection||Phase wrong, missing / water oil lacking / over and low pressure / overload|
Water pressure should be bigger than 2kg/㎡; while water type mold temperature controller connectedto the tap water.
Why TopChiller is Your Reliable Mold Temperature controller Manufacturer and Supplier In China?
Mold Temperature Controller-An Ultimate Buying Guide by TopChiller.
A wide range of industries uses molding techniques to shape and produce products.
The molding process depends upon the heating control and this heating control is achieved by using a suitable Mold Temperature Controller for your application.
The below guide discusses everything about it in detail. Lest start.
- What is a Mold Temperature Controller?
- What are the Features of a Mold Temperature Controller?
- What are the Major Components of a Mold Temperature Controller?
- What are the Common Types of a Mold Temperature Controller?
- What is the Difference Between Oil Mold Temperature Controller and Water Mold Temperature Controller?
- How does a Mold Temperature Controller work?
- What is the Relation Between Flow Rate and Pressure of a Mold Temperature Controller?
- How a Mold Temperature Controller Saves Resources, Energy, and time of your Industry?
- What are the Applications of a Mold Temperature Controller?
- What is the Function of Mold Temperature Controller in Injection Molding Process?
- What is the Importance of Mold Temperature Controller in the Plastic Industry?
- What Type of Coolants are used in the Mold Temperature Controller?
- Why a Mold Temperature Controller is Necessary for your Foundry Industry?
- How to Control your Mold Temperature Controller?
- How to Select a Suitable Mold Temperature Controller for your industry?
- What is the Cost of a Mold Temperature Controller?
- How to Install your Mold Temperature Controller?
- What are the Operational Mistakes that should be Avoided while Operating your Mold Temperature Controller?
- How to Maintain your Mold Temperature Controller for Longer Life?
- What are the Troubleshooting Guidelines for a Mold Temperature Controller?
- What is the Heating Power of a Mold Temperature Controller?
- What is the Highest Temperature for an Injection Molding Mold Temperature Controller?
- Why Excessive Moister is Dangerous for a Mold Temperature Controller Efficiency?
- How Much Time a Mold Temperature Controller does it take to Start?
- When should the Manual Reset be used for the Mold Temperature Controller?
- After how Many Days the Oil of Oil-Type Mold Temperature Controller Should Be Changed?
- What Range of Temperature Water-Type Mold Temperature Controller Gives?
- What Range of Temperature an Oil-Type Mold Temperature Controller Gives?
- How Much a Mold Temperature Controller Weighs?
- What is the Average Flow Rate of a Mold Temperature Controller?
- What is the Pump Horsepower for a Mold Temperature Controller?
- Which Type of Mold Temperature Controller is suitable for Plastic Industry?
- What is the Reason Fluid Take more Time than Usual to Reach Set-Point of Temperature in Temperature Controller Unit.
- What is the Difference Between 6kw Water-type and a 36kw Oil-type Mold Temperature Controller?
- For Which Type of Application a 36kw Oil-Type Mold Temperature Controller is Used?
- What is the Result if the Lead Wires of a Temperature Sensor Are Long in a Mold Temperature Controller?
- Why Lead, Platinum, and Copper Wires Are Most Suitable for a Temperature Sensor in a Mold Temperature Controller?
- What are the Characteristics that a Good Temperature Sensor of a Mold Temperature Controller Should Have?
- Is Mold Temperature Controller Contains Self-Tuning?
What is a Mold Temperature Controller?
Temperature control in the industries is the most crucial parameter for the quality of the product.
The mold Temperature Controller also called the MTC device, is the heat regulator device used to regulate the heating during the process.
Mostly, it is used for process heating, but also can be used for cooling applications. Mold Temperature Controller comes in two types, the oil-type, and the water-type.
Due to its beneficial features, it is preferred in plastic product-making industries, tool-making industries, and other related industries around the world.
Mold temperature controller designed by TopChiller
What are the Features of a Mold Temperature Controller?
- Improved Product Quality:
The more precise and efficient temperature control provided by it makes your process more accurate and qualitative.
It efficiently regulates the rate of cooling of the product and the rate of heating. The product achieved will be of better quality.
- Perfect Shape of the Product:
The mold Temperature Controller provides regulates the heat with high precision that resulting in better melting of the material. This makes the final shape and design of the product perfect.
- Decrease in Defective Products:
It controls the chilling rate or chilling speed of the liquid in the cavity and heating of the melting process in a highly précised manner, that resultant product will with fewer defects.
The number of defective products is decreased to nearly zero with the use of the Mold Temperature Controller.
Perfect shape of mold temperature controller
What are the Major Components of a Mold Temperature Controller?
- Control Unit:
It controls all the operations of heating and other components. This unit is connected to every other part and temperature data is sent to it for regulation and control.
- Fluid Tank:
Used for the storage of fluid. It is highly thermal resistant.
- Heating System:
A heating system is an internally built-in unit composed of heating devices. The function of the heating system is to heat the fluid to the desired value. It works with the help of Control Uni.
- Fluid Control System:
It controls the different parameters of the fluid-like fluid level, speed, flow rate, and circulation.
- Temperature Sensing System:
Composed of advanced temperature sensors, which regulate and control the temperature of the fluid.
- Injection Pipe:
It injects the fluid into the mold and back to the tank from the mold.
Mold temperature controller control board
What are the Common Types of a Mold Temperature Controller?
Water-type and oil-type are the most common types available in the market. These two types are used mostly by the industries for their production.
Apart from these following are some other important types of Mold Temperature Controller.
These types are used for applications where a very high range of temperature regulation is required.
This is mostly used in plastic and rubber manufacturing industries, steel and metal molding industries, injection molding operations, etc.
- Steam-Type Mold Temperature Controller:
It uses steam for the control and regulation of the temperature. It’s mostly used for pressure and heavy-duty works.
- Extrusion Mold Temperature Controller:
It is mostly applied to the injection molding industries. Due to its unique design and features, it is preferred and utilized worldwide in the industries of injection molding.
Extrusion mold temperature controller
What is the Difference Between Oil Mold Temperature Controller and Water Mold Temperature Controller?
The most important and distinguishing difference between these two is the use of medium temperature control. Water-types use the water and the oil-type used oil.
Some important differences between the water-type and oil-type Mold Temperature Controller are listed below.
- Water-type is mostly used for the applications such as; plastic, polymer, and injection molding.
- Whereas the oil type is mostly used for steel making, metal tool making, die-casting, and other metal parts manufacturing industries.
- The temperature range for the water-type is 180 °C, and for the oil-type, it is 350 °C.
- Usually, the water type is more long-lasting than the oil-type Mold Temperature Controller.
Oil mold temperature controller
How does a Mold Temperature Controller work?
The process starts with the heating of the water or oil by the built-in heater. the heating temperature is according to the needs of the process.
The heating temperature range is measured with the help of sensors and the data is sent to the control unit for regulation. The control unit controls and adjusts the temperature accordingly.
When the fluid is ready, it is transferred to the mold by the pipe assembly of the pipes.
Fluid reaches the mold and performs the temperature control.
In the end, the fluid the transferred back to the tank with the help of pipe assembly.
What is the Relation Between Flow Rate and Pressure of a Mold Temperature Controller?
Maintaining the flow rate is necessary for it, improper flow rate will cause improper temperature control. To manage the flow rate, you must regulate and manage the pressure of the pipe.
Both, of these parameters of the Mold Temperature Controller, are interdependent. Flow rate is the function injection pump assembly of the Mold Temperature Controller.
A smooth process requires both flow rate and pressure to be on specific values. Technically, the flow rate and pressure are inverse to each other.
An increase in one causes a decrease in the other and vice versa. The process of an increase in the flow rate will result in a decrease in the pressure of the pump will decrease.
The increase in the pressure of pump pressure will cause a decrease in the flow rate of the fluid.
How a Mold Temperature Controller Saves Resources, Energy, and time of your Industry?
Following are how it saves your industrial costs in terms of time, energy, and resources.
It provides the finest of product design and finishing. The quality of the product is improved that ultimately increasing the reliability and sale of the company.
This allows you to save a huge amount of money.
It is an energy-saving device. It works on less amount of power and does not cause any kind of energy wastes, hence saving your energy costs.
The efficiency and accuracy of the Mold Temperature Controller do not cause any kind of delay or repetition of the process, it saves your time and energy.
The production of products is defected less and perfect. This saves the materials and resources of your industry on a huge scale.
Energy saving mold temperature controller
What are the Applications of a Mold Temperature Controller?
With the innovation and advancements in molding technology, the need for it has grown up and it is being used in various industries.
Below are some common applications of a Mold Temperature Controller.
- Chemical Industries:
Polymerization of the plastic materials, melting of raw materials, etc.
- Oil Sector:
Distillation of fatty acids, decomposition of oil, oil concentration, etc.
- Plastic Manufacturing:
Melting of plastic raw materials, polymerization of the plastic, molding of the products, and giving final shape to the plastic products in the mold.
- Fiber Manufacturing Industry:
Melting of fiber plastic materials, injection molding of the synthetic fibers, drying of the fibers, etc.
Mold temperature controller applications
What is the Function of Mold Temperature Controller in Injection Molding Process?
In the process of Injection Molding, a semi-melted raw material is forced from a pre-shaped mold to give it a final shape.
This shaping and making of the product are dependent upon the temperature.
The Mold Temperature Controller controls the temperature and keeps it at the accurate range in which the product materials are semi-melted and mold is heated enough.
It not only controls the temperature of materials but also keeps the mold at the desired temperature.
It keeps the temperature relation between and materials precise that the process can be completed without any defect.
The mold Temperature Controller controls the rate of heating and rate of cooling of the product after injection molding.
Mold Temperature Controller controls the temperature of the injection molding process
What is the Importance of Mold Temperature Controller in the Plastic Industry?
In the plastic industry, every product is made by the process of molding. Injection molding, dry molding, extrusion molding, die-cast molding are some of the major processes.
The quality of the product and the success of the manufacturing process depends upon the melting of raw materials and the temperature accuracy of the mold in which the product is being shaped.
First of all, during the melting process, the Mold Temperature Controller keeps the heating temperature in the range so that the material is perfectly melted and ready for molding operation.
Secondly, it keeps the heating temperature of the mold being used acquainted with the heating temperature of the molten raw material and the product achieved will be of high quality, and free of any defect.
What Type of Coolants are used in the Mold Temperature Controller?
The most commonly used fluid is water and oil. Both of the fluids are used under specific applications and for different jobs.
Both of the fluid has different characteristics like heat values, density, viscosity, etc.
Mostly the oil fluid is used where the desired temperature range is up to 350 °C and water is used where the required temperature range is about 180 °C.
Oil is used in the industries of metal products manufacturing like tools, bullets, nuts, sharp tools, automotive parts.
Water is mostly used in the plastic and polymer product manufacturing industries.
Why a Mold Temperature Controller is Necessary for your Foundry Industry?
The foundry industry is a type of industry that depends upon the control and regulation of heating.
In the foundry, the raw material for the product is melted to a certain degree of temperature and poured into a mold to give it shape.
The efficiency of the process and quality of the product in the foundry depend upon the heating temperature control.
Mold Temperature Controller provides proper heating control for the foundry and the quality of the product is maintained.
It plays a major role in the melting operation of raw materials where it helps to achieve the perfect melting at accurate temperature.
It helps in keeping the metal of ceramic molds at a specific temperature that is most crucial for the molding process.
Mold temperature controller is widely used in the foundry industry
How to Control your Mold Temperature Controller?
The proper control of it requires expertise and training. A worker operating it should be well trained about every aspect of it.
You should have proper information about every part. The most important way to control your Mold Temperature Controller is to control it by the Control Unit.
The Control Unit has all the required control options and you can easily program your desired parameters and run them for the process.
How to Select a Suitable Mold Temperature Controller for your industry?
Selecting a suitable Mold Temperature Controller is important to the job to be done. It can be achieved by following the given tips.
- The very first step is to decide the type of it that is suitable for your applications. You must decide which one will be suitable for your industry, the oil-type or the water-type.
- Select the Mold Temperature Controller that will be well accounted for with the environment of the industry.
- Decide the temperature range for your application and select one that works efficiently in that range.
- Lastly, select the one with the most advanced and innovative features. Some of the features are smart sensors, touch screen control, connectivity to the computer, etc.
What is the Cost of a Mold Temperature Controller?
The average cost depends upon many factors. Cost may change with different types of models and types.
The presence of some advanced features also affects the overall cost of the Mold Temperature Controller. Cost can also differ with different ranges of heating power it has.
On average a 36ow oil-type costs around 1350 to 1500 USD. A small level 6kw water-type Mold Temperature Controller costs around 800 to 1000 USD.
Die-casting temperature controllers for molding are costly, as they cost in the range of 1500 to 9000 USD.
On average the overall cost range can be from 800 USD to 9000 USD depending upon the types and model of the Mold Temperature Controller.
How to Install your Mold Temperature Controller?
Following steps can be followed for its proper installation.
Unbox the unit and add all the parts together.
Connect all the power connections and start to see if the screen is working fine.
Inspect the tank for any leakage, then install it properly.
Connect the inlet and outlet pipe assembly for the fluid. Be careful to tighten them so that there is no leakage in the pipes.
Then, install the electrical parts following the instruction given, or call an expert electrician to do the job.
Mount the temperature sensor and pressure measurement valves on the Mold Temperature Controller.
Fill the tank properly and start the process.
Mold temperature controller installation
What are the Operational Mistakes that should be Avoided while Operating your Mold Temperature Controller?
- Overloading of the Tank:
Overloading of the tank with fluid results in the improper temperature range and the over process becomes inefficient.
- Improper Flow Rate or Pressure:
Flow rate and the pressure of the pipe should be properly set on specific values for the success of the process.
- Improper Safety Measures:
Safety failures can cause small damage to the fatal loss like loss of human life. Considering the Mold Temperature Controller, the temperature range is very high and unsafe for humans.
The operator of the device should wear thermal-resistant gloves, an apron, goggles, and shoes.
How to Maintain your Mold Temperature Controller for Longer Life?
Its maintenance is not very complicated and can be done by following the below-given instructions.
- Always check the water or oil before starting your Mold Temperature Controller. An insufficient amount of fluid in the tank can cause damage to it. full it up to the recommended measurements.
- Always use pure and qualitative heating fluid for the operation. Deteriorated fluid will cause problems like corrosion, rust, etc.
- The surroundings of the Mold Temperature Controller should be suitable and free of dust and an excessive amount of moisture.
- replace the oil fluid over the recommended period of use.
- keep the flow rate under the safe limit.
- Do not overload or over-use the Mold Temperature Controller.
Maintain your mold temperature controller for longer life
What are the Troubleshooting Guidelines for a Mold Temperature Controller?
Following are the guidelines for the troubleshooting of common problems.
- When Touch Screen Control is not Working:
Operate it with the help of extra buttons and control systems given.
- Huge Difference Between the Temperature of Fluid and the Mold:
This happens due to a fault in the temperature sensor. Change it to the new one and start the process again.
- Improper Flow Rate of the Fluid:
It is usually due to the clogging in the injection pipes. Clean the pipe assembly with a suitable cleaner.
- When the Mold Temperature Controller is Making Excessive Noise:
This is due to the broken part of the improper amount of fluid in the tank. Check any kind of broken part and refill the fluid in the tank.
What is the Heating Power of a Mold Temperature Controller?
The heating power depends upon the type and model. Usually, the heating power for the water type is lower than the oil type. The average heating power of a Mold Temperature Controller is between 5kw to 200kw.
Mold temperature controller water heater
What is the Highest Temperature for an Injection Molding Mold Temperature Controller?
The highest temperature required for an injection molding Mold Temperature Controller is 300 °C.
Why Excessive Moister is Dangerous for a Mold Temperature Controller Efficiency?
An excessive amount of moisture in the environment will cause disruptions in temperature control and it should be avoided for a Mold Temperature Controller. It will cause the temperature of the mold to drop below the specific and the product will be defective.
How Much Time a Mold Temperature Controller does it take to Start?
The usual time taken by the Mold Temperature Controller is from 5 secs to 10 secs maximum.
When should the Manual Reset be used for the Mold Temperature Controller?
Usually, the manual reset should be used when the automatic screen control has failed. If it does not work, get the help of an expert on a Mold Temperature Controller.
After how Many Days the Oil of Oil-Type Mold Temperature Controller Should Be Changed?
It depends upon the type of oil used in a Mold Temperature Controller.
Mold Temperature Controller is also used for foundries, die-casting, plastic die-casting, etc.
Mold temperature controller oil storage tank
What Range of Temperature Water-Type Mold Temperature Controller Gives?
Usually, the water-type Mold Temperature Controller gives off the temperature range from 95 °C to 180 °C.
What Range of Temperature an Oil-Type Mold Temperature Controller Gives?
An oil-type Mold Temperature Controller gives higher temperature ranges than the water types. It gives off a temperature range of about 350 °C.
How Much a Mold Temperature Controller Weighs?
An average size Mold Temperature Controller weighs from 55kg to 75kg.
What is the Average Flow Rate of a Mold Temperature Controller?
The average flow rate of a Mold Temperature Controller comes between 25 L/min to 65 L/min.
What is the Pump Horsepower for a Mold Temperature Controller?
It depends upon the type and model of a Mold Temperature Controller. On average it ranges between 0.5 HP to 7 HP.
Which Type of Mold Temperature Controller is suitable for Plastic Industry?
In the plastic industry, almost all the products are made by the process of injection molding and a water-type Mold Temperature Controller is the most suitable choice for it.
What is the Reason Fluid Take more Time than Usual to Reach Set-Point of Temperature in Temperature Controller Unit.
This kind of problem in the Mold Temperature Controller is usually due to any kind of fault in the temperature sensor.
Sometimes, the faulty sensor cannot read the temperature instructions accurately and result in delayed healing.
What is the Difference Between 6kw Water-type and a 36kw Oil-type Mold Temperature Controller?
The most basic difference is the difference in fluid medium and healing power of the Mold Temperature Controller. Oil-type has the oil fluid and much more heating power than water-type.
36kw oil-type mold temperature controller
For Which Type of Application a 36kw Oil-Type Mold Temperature Controller is Used?
A 36kw oil type is used for the application of metal tool shaping and extrusion molding of metallic products.
As metal tools manufacturing is the job of high-temperature Mold Temperature Controller is most suitable for the job because of its high heating power control.
What is the Result if the Lead Wires of a Temperature Sensor Are Long in a Mold Temperature Controller?
Long wires possess more resistance. With will result in an increase in temperature reading than the actual value, due to the extra heating produced by the resistant heating of a long wire of a Mold Temperature Controller.
Why Lead, Platinum, and Copper Wires Are Most Suitable for a Temperature Sensor in a Mold Temperature Controller?
Every metal wire has its resistant value. Lead and Copper are the elements that possess less resistance than the other metal wires.
Hence, these wires are preferred in a Mold Temperature Controller for proper reading of temperature.
What are the Characteristics that a Good Temperature Sensor of a Mold Temperature Controller Should Have?
Following are the desired characteristics of a temperature sensor of a Mold Temperature Controller that makes it good for the job.
- Low resistant thermocouple wires
- High precision rate
- High sensing to the temperature
- High precision in reading and acting on given instruction
Is Mold Temperature Controller Contains Self-Tuning?
Some models and types of Mold Temperature Controllers contain a self-tuning option.
In self-tuning, you can fix an instruction of heating rate, cooling, and heating rate, and time and the sensor will act automatically on given instructions.
Mold temperature controller connection valve