TopChiller can design and manufacture all types of temperature controller units for you
- Heating capacity 9KW up to 258KW
- Heating temperature from 90 ℃ to 380℃
- Good quality#304 stainless steel heater
- For both water and oil heating usage
- Micro-computer temperature controller
- Easy installation and operation
- Compact design with portable wheels
- Up to 18 months warranty time
Your Premier Temperature controller unit Manufacturer and Supplier Over 20 Years
A temperature controller unit short for TCU is one kind of heating device for precise control of the fluid temperature at the desired point for industrial temperature control purposes.
TopChiller is a professional temperature controller unit manufacturer and supplier in China.
Temperature control units manufactured by TopChiller are equipped with an electrical heater(heating vessel with heat exchanger), circulating pump, temperature controller with integrated HMI, and process control and safety sensors.
This temperature controller unit is protected by a stainless or coated steel casing.
The working diagram of the temperature controller unit is: the heat is generated and transmitted by the electric heating element immersed in the heat-conducting medium.
The circulating pump inside the temperature controller unit is used to force the heat-conducting medium to circulate in the liquid phase and transfer the heat to one or more heat using the equipment.
After unloading the heat using equipment, the heat is returned to the heater through the circulating pump, and then absorbed and transferred to the heat using the equipment.
In this way, the heat can be transmitted continuously The temperature of the heated object is increased to meet the requirements of the heating process.
High-quality temperature controller unit designed and manufactured at TopChiller has some outstanding advantages as below:
1. We are providing a large range capacity of temperature controller unit from 1.5KW to 258KW and the Maximum heating temperature is 380℃.
2. Microprocessor Controller of the temperature controller unit can precisely control the operating temperature and with full protection devices.
3. Pressure gauges located on the front panel and built-in high-pressure oil/water pump.
4. Our temperature controller unit is made with a compact design, easy operation, and maintenance. Each controller unit has four moveable casters for easy movement.
5. Temperature control units at TopChiller are designed and manufactured either as part of our standard range or as a customized solution in our factory, All controller units are CE marked, compliant with the European directive.
Our good quality temperature controller units are widely used in many industries including plastic&rubber machines, the chemical and pharmaceutical industries, the die casting industry, the food & beverage, and packaging industries, metalworking, and wood processing.
If you want to buy a high-quality temperature controller unit to support your business, TopChiller is your best choice.
Please contact us to custom-make your temperature controller unit right now.
|Temperature Controller Unit Technical Specifications
|Water / Oil
|Phase wrong, missing / water oil lacking / over and low pressure / overload
Water pressure should be bigger than 2kg/㎡; while water type mold temperature controller connectedto the tap water.
Why TopChiller is Your Reliable Temperature controller unit Manufacturer and Supplier In China?
Temperature Controller Unit-An Ultimate Buying Guide by TopChiller.
A Temperature Controller Unit is a machine that maintains the required temperature in an industry.
Many industrial processes need an optimum temperature maintained for maximum output. The temperature must be maintained in a narrow range which is not possible naturally. Therefore a Temperature Controller Unit is necessary.
It might also be used for preheating and preventing the loss of heat from a system.
All you need to know about the features, uses, maintenance, and mechanism of your Temperature Controller Unit is explained in this guide. So let’s start.
- What is a Temperature Controller Unit?
- What are the Major Parts of a Temperature Controller Unit?
- What are the Characteristics of a Temperature Controller Unit?
- What are the Additional Features of a Temperature Controller Unit?
- What are the Benefits of a Temperature Controller Unit?
- How Does a Temperature Controller Unit Work?
- What is the Function of a Temperature Controller Unit?
- What are the Common Uses of a Temperature Controller Unit?
- What are the Different Types of a Temperature Controller Unit?
- How a Temperature Controller Unit is Useful in Heat Tolerance?
- What is the Temperature Controller Unit Circuit Configurations?
- What is the Importance of Turbulent Flow in a Temperature Controller Unit?
- Why do you Calculate Resins Loads for Selecting a Temperature Controller Unit?
- How to Install your Temperature Controller Unit?
- What are the Maintenance Tips for your Temperature Controller Unit?
- What are the Safety Precautions for your Temperature Controller Unit?
- What are the Common Problems Faced While Using a Temperature Controller Unit?
- How to Increase the Efficiency of your Temperature Controller Unit?
- How Does Self Sealing Couplings help your Temperature Controller Unit?
- Why Water cannot be used as a Transfer Fluid of a Temperature Controller Unit for an Application that required 120 degrees?
- What is an Ideal Thermal Fluid for your Temperature Controller Unit?
- What shall be the Torque of Terminal Screws of your Temperature Controller Unit?
- How Much Time Does a Temperature Controller Unit Need to Warm Up?
- What can you Use to Clean the Temperature Controller Unit?
- How to Conform to EN/IEC Standards for your Temperature Controller Unit?
- How to Handle the Lead Wires of your Temperature Controller Unit?
- How to Obtain Accurate Values for your Temperature Controller Unit?
- How to Select a Pump for your Temperature Controller Unit?
- What is the Criterion of Heater Selection for your Temperature Controller Unit?
- What is Meant by A-Level Switch in the Temperature Controller Unit?
What is a Temperature Controller Unit?
Temperature Controller Unit (TCU) is used in industries for temperature control purposes. It works by controlling the fluid temperature at a particular point.
The Temperature Controller Unit is designed in a way that it can maintain the temperature of the water or any thermal fluid, at a particular point.
It is mainly used in the plastic and rubber industry to retain a constant process temperature, decrease scrap, and maintain part tolerance.
A Temperature Controller Unit is a high-quality product that is designed to work for long and easy operations.
Apart from the two main features, performance and reliability, it also has the latest soft-touch panel to perform easy and automatic operations.
Temperature controller unit designed by TopChiller
What are the Major Parts of a Temperature Controller Unit?
The major parts of a Temperature Controller Unit are as follows;
- A high-power pump for pressure pumping.
- An electrical heater for efficient heating.
- A precision controller for accuracy.
- A thermostat for having a set point.
- Cooling valve to control water flow.
Temperature controller unit powerful pump
What are the Characteristics of a Temperature Controller Unit?
Following are some of the characteristics of a Temperature Controller unit.
- It has a seating capacity of 258KW.
- Its heating temperature lies between 90°C to 380°C.
- It can be used for oil and water heating purposes.
- The installation and operation are easy.
- Its design is highly compact and can be easily moved.
- The Temperature Controller Unit casing is made up of stainless steel and is highly protected.
Temperature controller unit control panel
What are the Additional Features of a Temperature Controller Unit?
Apart from other features, it has many additional features.
The Temperature Controller Unit has a communication link through which you can communicate with a computer or a PLC to exchange data.
A very common example of data exchange is a computer host reading the process value.
This feature enables you to change the remote setpoint from a remote device. However, the remote setpoint feature can be accessed from any remote location as it is operated using analog linear input.
The ability to configure the Temperature Controller Unit is another additional feature. You can configure it by connecting it to your PC using the communication link.
The transmitter allows you to have more efficient working through improved transmission.
Dual Color Display
It not just makes the use of a Temperature Controller Unit easier but also helps in precision and easy handling.
What are the Benefits of a Temperature Controller Unit?
Following are a few benefits of the Temperature Controller Unit;
- It provides heat capacity due to a hot gas bypass.
- Corrosion problems are eliminated because of the closed-loop system.
- The Temperature Controller Unit offers quick operational snapshots through the local display.
- It can provide additional heating for sub-cooled samples.
Temperature controller unit additional heating for sub-cooled samples
How Does a Temperature Controller Unit Work?
- Circulating fluid to the process and back to the Temperature Controller Unit is carried out by the pump.
- To get the desired temperature you may require an electric heater or cooling commodity plastics at 70 and 80°F (21 – 27°C) and products like nylon or polycarbonate at 100 – 200°F (38 – 93°C).
- The fluid gets the heat before reaching the Temperature Controller Unit from the polymer as it circulates through the process.
- Temperature is then monitored by the digital controller to maintain the desired temperature.
- If you get started with a cold mold, you need to heat the process fluid but once it’s heated, heat removal becomes necessary.
Temperature controller unit working
What is the Function of a Temperature Controller Unit?
The function of the Temperature Controller Unit is to keep the temperature stable for an industrial process.
It helps keep an object heated at a targeted temperature no matter what the temperature of the surrounding is
Open-loop and closed loops are the two fundamental temperature controls.
It provides heating continuously regardless of the substantial temperature output. It is the most fundamental form. It is more like the internal heating system of a car.
A closed-loop is much more useful than an open loop. Temperature Controller Unit closed-loop application continuously measures the external temperature and adjusts the desired temperature accordingly.
It is more like a heating system of a car that automatically maintains the temperature up to 75°.
What are the Common Uses of a Temperature Controller Unit?
Here are a few common uses of a Temperature Controller Unit;
Oven Treat Applications
Oven and heat treating applications such as boilers, furnaces, heat exchangers, and ceramics kills have a Temperature Controller Unit.
Machinery such as seal bars, hot melt functions, glue applicators, label applicators, or shrink-wrap tunnels works at the desired temperature for a desired period in the packaging world.
To perform this operation smoothly the Temperature Controller Unit is used to guarantee quality output.
Temperature Controller Unit is a necessary need of equipment like portable chillers, extruding equipment, dryers, hoppers, and molding in the plastic industry.
It is used to control the temperature at different critical points in the process of making plastic.
Food and Beverage
Brewing, sterilization, cooking, blending, and baking ovens are the food processing techniques that utilize the Temperature Controller Unit.
To improve the precision of temperature control, the health care sector makes use of the Temperature Controller Unit.
Equipment like in a laboratory, crystallization growing chambers, autoclaves, incubators, test equipment, test chambers all operates under particular temperature parameter
Temperature controller unit working in plastic industry
What are the Different Types of a Temperature Controller Unit?
There is either a single loop or a multiple loop Temperature Controller Unit.
A single loop controls a thermal system using one input and one or more outputs. However multiple loop Controller units have multiple inputs and multiple outputs and can control multiple loops at a time.
There are the following types of Temperature Controller Unit
It is the most basic of all and is very simple and cost-friendly. The display of the controller is like a knob dial. It is versatile enough to be in severe industrial environments.
Limit Temperature Controller Unit is used to offer safety limits over the process temperature. It cannot manage the temperature itself.
You can use these controllers with another control loop. Thermocouple, RTD, or process inputs are all accepted by it.
General Purpose Temperature Controller
This type of Temperature Controller Unit is useful in industries to perform typical processes. They have various DIN sizes. They offer multiple as well as programmable output functions.
General purpose temperature controller unit
How a Temperature Controller Unit is Useful in Heat Tolerance?
A Temperature Controller Unit is useful in heat tolerance because it maintains a certain range of temperature.
Plastic and molding industries take advantage of this feature and produce maximum output. It prevents the material from melting beyond the tolerance level thus coming up with the required product.
Any change in the specific melting temperature, and you will not get the required product.
What is the Temperature Controller Unit Circuit Configurations?
Following are the Circuit Configurations for Temperature Controller Unit
It is the most simple configuration of all. This same source is used to fill the circuit and to put the fluid into the process. The mixing tank is then used to collect the fluid coming from the process.
The heater then works to heat the fluid if needed. Similarly, if it has excess heat it can be cooled to achieve the desired temperature.250°F (121°C) is the ideal temperature for this operation.
The closed-circuit configuration for the Temperature Controller Unit is similar to direct injection. It also uses the same source for process and cooling water.
It is done to compensate for the system loss or fill the circuit. In this cold water is not introducer rather a brazed-plate heat exchanger is used in the cooling of the process water. 300°F (148°C) is the ideal temperature for its temperature
Like its name, it isolates the process fluid from the cooling fluid. The two-fluid remain completely separate which gives you the benefit of using two different fluids at the same time for cooling and processing. Ethylene-glycol is mixed in the process.
Isolated type of Temperature Controller Unit circuit configuration still makes use of a heat exchanger. The ideal temperature for isolated circuit configuration is 180°F (82°C).
Temperature controller unit circuit details
What is the Importance of Turbulent Flow in a Temperature Controller Unit?
- The Temperature Controller Unit needs to provide heat transfer fluid as well as turbulent flow at a proper temperature to maintain proper process temperature.
- The fluid flows through the passage of mold and only the fluid that touches the cooling channel surface transfers heat and produces laminar flow.
- Laminar flow in the Temperature Control Unit reduces the heat capacity as it is a smooth, constant, and clean stream. So turbulent flow is important to increase the speed of the fluid.
- The increased speed allows the whole volume of fluid to touch the cooling surface and thus increases heat capacity.
- Turbulent flow helps make the process efficient and provides a more even temperature.
Why do you Calculate Resins Loads for Selecting a Temperature Controller Unit?
- The capacity of a Temperature Controller Unit depends upon the type of material used as every polymer materials have a different heat capacity.
- If you are using different materials at a time, then the capacity of the Controller should be based on the material that takes the highest time to release heat.
- 15 tons of cooling capacity per kW of the heating load is enough if your mold use got runners.
How to Install your Temperature Controller Unit?
To install your Temperature Controller Unit, you must take care of the following points;
- Open the packaging and make sure all the components are received intact.
- Get started by viewing the process value.
- Now adjust the set point according to your application.
- View all the display units carefully.
- Select the operating system as manual or automatic.
- Adjust the output power.
- Create a time program.
- Plugin your Temperature Controller Unit into the source.
- Turn it on and Make sure that the electrical voltage is sufficient to power it.
Temperature controller unit installation
What are the Maintenance Tips for your Temperature Controller Unit?
For good maintenance of your Temperature Controller Unit, you must take care of the following factors;
Make Sure there are no Contaminated Gases
- The design of a Temperature Controller Unit is such that it vents intermittently.
- However, if the venting is continuous, it is not a good sign.
- Make sure that the supply is clean and it does not have any liquid or solid contamination.
- Keep observing it to check if there is any clogging on the pilot plug.
Make Sure the Springs and Elastomers are Working
- If your Temperature Controller Unit is old, there are chances the diaphragm may wear out. Also, the o ring is at risk.
- You must keep a check on the worn-out parts and call for a repair kit so that the damaged parts can be replaced.
Make Use of a Thermowell
- A thermowell contains high-temperature grease.
- It serves the function of transferring heat to the controller probe.
- With the help of this separable socket, you can carry out any repairs or maintenance work. It prevents the vessel from losing its pressure.
Temperature controller unit maintenance
What are the Safety Precautions for your Temperature Controller Unit?
The safety Precautions for using a Temperature Controller Unit are as follows;
- Do not touch it when it is switched on.
- Don’t try to handle the unit all by yourself. Consult a technical expert.
- Don’t switch on the device in an inflammable area.
What are the Common Problems Faced While Using a Temperature Controller Unit?
Here are the common problems faced while using a Temperature Controller Unit;
Partially Submerged Probe
- Keep checking the liquid level and you can do it by putting a T in the line for a 12-inch probe.
- It enables the whole length of the probe to be submerged in the process flow.
- A bent probe is not desired because it leads to severe temperature variations.
- It occurs due to any pressure on the external tube that is made up of stainless steel.
- As there is no way to fix a bent probe, you have to get a new one.
How to Increase the Efficiency of your Temperature Controller Unit?
Here are a few ways to increase the efficiency of your Temperature Controller Unit;
- An insulated hose increases the heat transfer thus increasing efficiency.
Dimensions of the Hoses
- Make sure that the dimensions of your hose and the inlet, and the outlet of your Temperature Controller Unit are compatible.
- This ensures maximum flow thus leading to the best temperature control.
Prefer the Silicone oil as a Transfer Fluid
- Silicone oil is a better option for transferring fluid as its specific heat capacity is lower than that of water.
- However, silicone hoses cannot be used because they dissolve over time.
The Thermal Fluid Quality
- Make sure that the thermal fluid does not polymerize as it will lead to the blockade of the pipes.
- The color of the thermal fluid is the indicator of its quality. If you see the color changing, it shall be immediately replaced as it will lose its efficiency.
- By plumbing through the bottom and removing all the air pockets, you can make sure that the flow is maintained.
- The air pockets can damage the pump and also limit the flow.
Remove Dirt and Debris
- Make sure that there is no debris or dust in the system by using a brush or a hoover.
- This dirt, when accumulated, can restrict the flow, therefore it must be removed.
Keep it in a Spacious Area
- It is necessary to provide the necessary space to the system for dissipating heat.
- If the heat generated by the system is not dealt with properly, it will lead to poor efficiency.
Fix the Problems as Soon as They Appear
- Make sure that you correct all the faults immediately so that there is no effect on the efficiency.
- If a problem is not solved, it will lead to further complications.
Temperature controller unit plumbing diagram
How Does Self Sealing Couplings help your Temperature Controller Unit?
Self-sealing couplings increase the backpressure and reduce the flow of your Temperature Controller Unit.
Why Water cannot be used as a Transfer Fluid of a Temperature Controller Unit for an Application that required 120 degrees?
Water can’t be used in such an application because it can only work as a transfer fluid between the ranges of 0-100 degrees. A Temperature Controller Unit needs a permanent transfer fluid.
What is an Ideal Thermal Fluid for your Temperature Controller Unit?
An ideal thermal fluid for your Temperature Controller Unit has a low viscosity. High viscosity oils tend to reduce the flow.
What shall be the Torque of Terminal Screws of your Temperature Controller Unit?
The Toque of the terminal screws of your Temperature Controller Unit must be
M3.5 screws: 0.74 to 0.90 N・m
M3 screws: 0.40 to 0.56 N・m
How Much Time Does a Temperature Controller Unit Need to Warm Up?
A Temperature Controller Unit needs at least 30 seconds to warm up.
What can you Use to Clean the Temperature Controller Unit?
Alcohol can be used to clean the Temperature Controller Unit.
How to Conform to EN/IEC Standards for your Temperature Controller Unit?
You can conform to the EN/IEC standards for your Temperature Controller Unit by installing the fuse T2A, 250-VAC, which has low capacity.
How to Handle the Lead Wires of your Temperature Controller Unit?
The lead wires of your Temperature Controller Unit must be handled with care. Don’t pull them forcefully or you will lose the connection.
How to Obtain Accurate Values for your Temperature Controller Unit?
For obtaining accurate values, insulate all the external piping so that no heat is lost through heat dissipation.
Temperature controller unit valve
How to Select a Pump for your Temperature Controller Unit?
You can use a pump performance chart for selecting a pump for your Temperature Controller Unit.
What is the Criterion of Heater Selection for your Temperature Controller Unit?
The heater for your Temperature Controller Unit is selected based on the size and material of the mold.
What is Meant by A-Level Switch in the Temperature Controller Unit?
An A-level switch in a Temperature Controller Unit makes sure that the heat transfer medium is always present in the tank. It checks the level of the fluid and automatically fills it.