TopChiller can design and manufacture all types of fermentation chillers for you
- Fermentation chiller capacity 1 Ton to 100 Ton
- Temperature control -35℃to +5℃
- High efficiency&cooling performance
- Air-cooled and water-cooled fermentation chiller available
- Fermentation&jacket cooling solutions
- Good quality compressor and energy efficiency heat exchanger
- Easy operation, high efficiency, and cost-saving
- Up to 24 months warranty time
Your Premier Fermentation Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China
Fermentation chiller is designed and manufactured by TopChiller is especially for cooling the fermentation process and fermentation chamber.
TopChiller® is a professional fermentation chiller and glycol chiller manufacturer with over 20 years of experience.
The whole fermentation process including malting-raw grains is turned into malt,mashing-water added to the produced wort, brewing-hops added and the mixture boiled,cooling-mixture cooled to 20-26℃,fermenting-yeast added, alcohol produced, maturing-left to mature then filtered and bottled.
There are many steps during the fermentation are involved in creating an excellent wine, beer, or spirit.
Fermentation is one of the most critical steps because this is where the alcohol is created.
Fermentation chambers house the container in which yeast is fermenting. As the yeast ferments, it creates heat that must be controlled.
Temperature control is very important during the fermentation process.
The process of fermenting naturally produces heat, if the brew becomes too hot temperature, flavors can become compromised, alcohol levels change, and yeast can die completely.
This is the step where the fermentation chiller functions.
The fermentation process chillers and cooling jackets help keep fermentation at the ideal temperature range.
TopChiller is providing a complete range of fermentation chiller models and cooling capacities to give the best fermentation cooling solutions.
The fermentation chillers manufactured by TopChiller are the ideal process chiller and effective fermentation chilling maintains optimal temperatures and counteracts heat from the fermenting yeast, which could slow or stop the process altogether.
If you are looking for a fermentation chiller for your plant?
If you want to buy a new process chiller to cool your fermentation process?
TopChiller is your best fermentation solution provider.
Please contact our sales expert to get an instant quotation for your fermentation chiller project now.
A Fermentation Chiller is a cooling device designed specially to eliminate the heat produced during the fermentation process. It is an insulated enclosed assembly and uses a coolant to regulate the temperature of the fermentation process.
It works by using thermostats to closely monitor and regulate the temperature to achieve the optimum temperature for the fermentation process. Chilled air is trapped and used as the medium of heat transfer.
The most crucial component of a Fermentation Chiller by TopChiller is the sensitive thermostat. Other essential components include the condenser fans, control panel, expansion valve, variable speed compressors, and accessory components.
Fermentation Chiller designed by TopChiller is being used in the food and beverage industry. It is used in brewing and wining as well. Research laboratories and experimental areas also require a stable temperature for fermentation which can be achieved through a Fermentation Cooling System.
For the past 20 years, TopChiller has been dedicated to manufacturing the most advanced Fermentation Chillers. The hard work has paid off in the shape of positive reviews from all around the world.
If you want to get your hands on the most innovative and creative Fermentation Chiller, give us a call and get all the information you want.
TopChiller can help you customize Fermentation Chiller according to the requirements of your industrial applications.
Features and Advantages:
A Fermentation Chiller designed by TopChiller holds reputable recognition due to its innovative design and distinctive features. Some features have been elaborated below:
- A finned type of hydrophilic aluminum condenser helps you obtain higher productivity than a normal one. Its integral design and hydrophilic nature enable you to work in humid conditions.
- The stainless steel water pump helps you obtain a stable water flow even if there is fluctuation in the power supply. This enables you to get high efficiency in areas with power issues.
- The semi-hermetic scroll compressor runs the unit smoothly, and therefore there is no noise while operating. This adds to the convenience.
- The control panel comprises highly distinct subunits. There is a microprocessor intelligent control and LCD, which enables you to stay updated with the working of the Fermentation Chiller.
- There is the facility of anti-freeze protection, overheat protection, flow rate protection, and phase missing protection which allows safe use of the unit.
Fermentation Chiller Technical Specification
|Type||Shell and tube type/Plate type heat exchanger|
|Power Source||3PH～380V/415V/480V～50HZ/60HZ(3PH～200V/220V 50HZ/60HZ)|
|Compressor||Type||Hermetic scroll ( piston )|
|Condenser||Type||Efficient finned copper tube with aluminum + low noise external rotor fan|
|Safety protection||Compressor inner protection, over current protection, high / low pressure protection, over temperature protection, flow rate protection, phase sequence/phase missing protection, low level coolant protection, anti freezing protection|
The above specifications are according to the following design conditions:
1, Chilled water inlet/outlet temperature difference 3℃/8℃.
2, Cooling air inlet/outlet temperature 30℃/38℃
Why TopChiller is Your Reliable Fermentation Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier In China?
Fermentation Chiller- The Ultimate FAQ Guide by TopChiller
- What is Fermentation Chiller?
- What are the Features of a Fermentation Chiller?
- What are the Major Components of a Fermentation Chiller?
- How does a Fermentation Chiller Work?
- What are the Applications of a Fermentation Chiller?
- What is Cooling Jacket in a Fermentation Chiller?
- What is an Ice-Packed Fermentation Chiller?
- What is Immersion Rod Fermentation Chiller?
- What is Glycol Fermentation Chiller?
- What is the Difference Between Screw Type Fermentation Chiller and Scroll Type Fermentation Chiller?
- What is the Function of Fermentation Chiller in the Beer Industry?
- What is the Importance of Fermentation Chiller in the Brewery Industry?
- How a Fermentation Chiller Makes your Beer Product more Qualitative?
- How to Control your Fermentation Chiller?
- What is Fermentation Chiller Coil and Its Importance?
- What is the Best Temperature for Fermentation that a Fermentation Chiller Maintains?
- What Type of Coolant is Used in a Fermentation Chiller?
- How to Avoid Corrosion and Rust in your Fermentation Chiller?
- How to Select a Suitable Fermentation Chiller for your industry?
- What are the Characteristics of an Ideal Fermentation Chiller?
- What is the Cost of a Fermentation Chiller?
- How to Install your Fermentation Chiller?
- How to Setup Fermentation Temperature of your Fermentation Chiller?
- What are the Operational Mistakes that should be Avoided while Operating your Fermentation Chiller?
- How to Maintain your Fermentation Chiller for Longer life?
- How to Clean your Fermentation Chiller?
- What Ration of Water and Glycol is Best for the Fermentation Chiller?
- What Type of Compressor is Used in a Fermentation Chiller?
- What is the Importance of Glycol in a Fermentation Chiller?
- What is the Importance of Light Control for the Efficiency of the Fermentation Chiller?
- How Long a Fermentation Chiller Takes to Reach the Desired Set-Point of the Chilling Temperature?
- What are the Considerations for a Fermentation Vessel in a Fermentation Chiller?
- How to Improve the Temperature Controller Performance of your Fermentation Chiller?
- What is The Importance of a Fermentation Chiller in the Packaging Stage of Production?
- What are the Troubleshooting Guidelines for your Fermentation Chiller?
What is Fermentation Chiller?
Fermentation Chiller is a glycol-based industrial chiller specifically used for temperature control in the fermentation process.
It controls cooling as well as heating of the fermentation process resulting in successful production and qualitative product.
This glycol-based Fermentation Chiller is one of the most efficient and innovative chiller devices used for fermentation around the world.
Energy Saving Fermentation Chiller
What are the Features of a Fermentation Chiller?
- The Highest Degree Efficiency and Accuracy:
It is already well-known that a Fermentation Chiller is one of the most efficient and accurate devices used for fermentation.
Its sensitive temperature sensors and control system regulate the temperature with highest of the possible accuracy.
- Durable and Long Lasting:
Fermentation Chiller is made of high-grade stainless steel, copper, and rubber that making it durable and it lasts for a long time and requires minimum maintenance.
Its parts are made to resist all kinds of tensile, compressive, and shock forces.
You can fix every set-point of the temperature in the Fermentation Chiller and it will provide efficient cooling on every set-point.
What are the Major Components of a Fermentation Chiller?
- Fluid Tank:
This tank of refrigerant contains the coolant that is discharged at a different flow rate to regulate and control the temperature.
- The Compressor:
The compressor of a Fermentation Chiller is used to control the pump pressure and refrigerant speed by which it will circulate the system
- Control Unit:
Used to monitor and control all the processes of the Fermentation Chiller.
Used to extract and collect the excessive heat from the system.
It discards the excessive heat collected by the evaporator.
- Expansion Valve:
The expansion valve regulates the flow rate of the coolant released from the system of released back to the system to the tank.
Fermentation chiller expansion valve inside view
How does a Fermentation Chiller Work?
Stage One: In this first stage the process is started by the starting of the circulation of coolant to the system at a predefined flow rate. This coolant is a mixed liquid made of water and glycol.
Stage Two: At this stage, the coolant enters the system and reaches its predefined speed and pressure.
Stage Three: This is the most important stage of the cooling process. The amount of excess heat produced by the fermentation process is collected here by the evaporator.
Stage Four: At this stage, the collected amount of heat is discarded from the system by the condenser. As the result, the fermentation process remains at a suitable temperature.
Final Stage: The coolant is sent back to the system and the other cycle begins.
What are the Applications of a Fermentation Chiller?
It is used in all industries where the fermentation process is part of the manufacturing process. Some of the most common applications of Fermentation Chiller are given below.
- Wine and alcohol manufacturing industries.
- Food-making industries.
- Juice manufacturing industries.
- Beer manufacturing industries
- Distilleries and other related industries.
Apart from this, a Fermentation Chiller is also used for a lot of purposes including post-production packaging, storage on cold temperature, preservation of the products and raw materials, etc.
What is Cooling Jacket in a Fermentation Chiller?
A cooling jacket is a specific kind of it. It is mostly used from the outside of the tank in which wine or beer is stored.
This type of Fermentation Chiller works slightly differently than the other types. It provides the coolant, from the holes and cavities given in the system. It is used in a very unique way.
It is wrapped around the tank in which the brewery or the winery is stored or the fermentation process is taking place.
Total the cooling jacket provides the desired temperature and the production is achieved.
What is an Ice-Packed Fermentation Chiller?
It’s a type of small Fermentation Chiller. It is mostly used where the temperature control accuracy is not that much important for the process. It consists of an isolated stainless steel shell as the most important part.
Any kind of reduction or increase in the temperature is achieved by adding ice cubes to it. Changes in the temperature are measured manually with a portable device. It is manual in handling and requires a set of skills to handle it properly.
What is Immersion Rod Fermentation Chiller?
It is based on a rod made of metal as the heat extractor from the system. It is more digital and automatic than Ice-Packed.
The temperature control precision is not accurate but, it is mostly used as an efficient device for quick extraction of heat from the system. The steel rod has connected a fan and electrical power supply.
The rod is directly dipped into the fermenting liquid and heat is allowed to drain out from the system until it is reached the desired level of temperature.
The whole process takes place under the isolated metal or rubber shell. Temperature changes are measured digitally.
What is Glycol Fermentation Chiller?
This is a type of glycol-based Fermentation Chiller used for the fermentation process. Nowadays it has replaced almost all the other kinds of it used for fermentation.
A Glycol Fermentation Chiller is the one in which glycol is used as the refrigerant. Glycol is not used 100%, a proper ratio of water and glycol is used as a refrigerant.
Glycol-based Fermentation Chiller is being preferred by every industry due to the extra function and benefits glycol provides.
It also facilitates lubrication, behaves as an anti-freezing agent, has a longer retention time for heat content, and has other advantages.
What is the Difference Between Screw Type Fermentation Chiller and Scroll Type Fermentation Chiller?
The most basic difference between these two is the type of compressor used in these.
In terms of application, both types are used in a small or medium level of the fermentation process where the production capacity is not much higher.
In Screw-Type Fermentation Chiller, the compressor is a screw-type compressor or a roller-type compressor.
In the Scroll-Type the scroll-type compressor is used for the regulation and control of flow rate and pressure of the coolant.
Screw-Type generally contains a set of two screw-type compressors.
In both types, the mechanism of the action is almost the same and the efficiency of the process is almost the same.
Scroll type fermentation chiller
What is the Function of Fermentation Chiller in the Beer Industry?
The process of fermentation is extremely crucial in the beer manufacturing process.
Accurate and efficient temperature control will manage the yeast within a suitable range of the temperature and qualitative beer product will be achieved.
This efficiency and accuracy of temperature control are achieved by Fermentation Chiller. Qualitative products will make the company image more reliable and trusted among the customer.
This adds several benefits to the process. It saves from the loss of raw material as the probability of the failure of the process is very low by using a Fermentation Chiller.
What is the Importance of Fermentation Chiller in the Brewery Industry?
During the manufacturing of brewery products and temperature decrease of increase is quick and sharp.
The slightest mistake can make the whole process a failure with a loss of time, energy, and resources.
A Fermentation Chiller performs this job in the brewery industry with efficiency and making your process a successful production.
It not only helps in the fermentation process but also helps in many stages of brewery production like the mashing of material, boiling, rapid chilling and heating, etc.
Due to these features and advantages, it is preferred as the first choice in the brewery industries around the world.
How a Fermentation Chiller Makes your Beer Product more Qualitative?
The flavor of the beer is the most important factor counted when it comes to the quality of the beer.
An improper fermentation will result in yeast stress and the whole taste and flavor of the beer will be compromised. This happens mostly due to the uneven temperature throughout the process.
A Fermentation Chiller eliminates this problem and the possibility of damaged flavor is very minimum. Hence, making your beer product more qualitative in terms of flavor.
It also increases the lifetime of the beer product. The better mixing and fermentation of yeas will make your beer stay qualitative for a long time.
Beer production required Fermentation Chiller
How to Control your Fermentation Chiller?
Controlling it is all about the expertise over Control Unit and safety considerations. The below tips come in handy while controller your Fermentation Chiller.
- Follow the information and instructions given by the manufacture and learn and everything about the control unit.
- The whole control of Fermentation Chiller is regulated by the Control Unit, so hire a trained personal for operating it.
- You should have knowledge and expertise in the operation of every component of it.
- All kinds of safety measures should be followed while controlling it.
What is Fermentation Chiller Coil and Its Importance?
A fermentation coil is a type of cooling coil made of metals, mostly used in fermenters and other glycol-based devices. It is also used in Fermentation chillers.
Fermentation coil is made of copper, Al, or other low-resistant metals. An average size coil can be used in up to 50 Gallons of the size of Fermentation Chiller.
The fermentation coil is generally used by dipping in the tank directly. It comes in different designs like circular, rod-shaped, etc.
Fermentation chiller coil
What is the Best Temperature for Fermentation that a Fermentation Chiller Maintains?
Temperature control is the key to success and qualitative beer products. The temperature range and set-point may change with different kinds of yeast and beer.
A normal size ale beer product requires 20 °C of the temperature for fermentation. Large size beer production fermentation is done at the 7 to 12 °C of the temperature range.
Sometimes, the temperature control of the fermentation process may go down to -3 °C.
What Type of Coolant is Used in a Fermentation Chiller?
The coolant used in it is water and glycol. Sometimes the water is used individually but the mixture of water-glycol in the proper ratio is the best coolant for the
Fermentation Chiller. Mostly, the best ratio of water to glycol is 70% water and 30% glycol. Glycol is the best refrigerant available and it is used in almost every industry for the fermentation process.
Other ratios are also used according to the application and demand of the process. Every changing ratio has benefits as well as limitations.
How to Avoid Corrosion and Rust in your Fermentation Chiller?
Although all the parts of it are made to withstand corrosion, due to the rapid changes in the temperature and thermal shocks it may cause some kind of corrosion.
The best way to avoid any kind of corrosion is to take precautions.
Have a regular inspection of the metal parts, and in case of any kind of corrosion get rid of it before it spreads and damages the whole Fermentation Chiller.
How to Select a Suitable Fermentation Chiller for your industry?
The following factors should be kept in mind while selecting it for your industrial applications.
- The manufacturer should be certified with all kinds of regional quality certifications.
- The temperature control accuracy and precision should according to your requirements.
- You should consider innovative features, like; touch screen control, emergency control system, notification alarms, connectivity, etc.
- Durability and warranty should be considered.
What are the Characteristics of an Ideal Fermentation Chiller?
These are some considerations that make it ideal for your industry.
- First of all, it should have all the specifications that are required for your application.
- It should be made of high-grade and durable materials.
- The temperature control sensors should be modern, digital, and sensitive in reading.
- It should have a maximum of safety standards and should be certified by regional or international safety agencies.
Portable fermentation chiller
What is the Cost of a Fermentation Chiller?
The cost depends upon the type of it you desired to purchase for your industrial application.
Cost also depends upon factors like the type of compressor, power supply, cooling capacity, refrigerant capacity, and the accuracy of temperature control.
The bigger the size of the Fermentation Chiller, the higher will the cost it. on average the cost of it comes in a range of 1800 USD to 30000 USD.
How to Install your Fermentation Chiller?
Step 1: Select the proper location, prepare the ground and unpack it.
Step 2: Assemble all the parts by following the instructions given by the manufacturer manual or getting the help of an expert technician.
Step 3: Fill the tank with proper glycol and water ratio.
Step 4: Set the temperature, flow rate, speed, and other parameters and start the Fermentation Chiller for the trial run. And then apply for the process applications.
How to Setup Fermentation Temperature of your Fermentation Chiller?
Setting up the temperature is done through the Control Unit. First, decide the temperature of your fermentation process.
Secondly, program the temperature to the machine by using Control Unit. Run the Fermentation Unit and monitor the temperature over the screen.
See if it reaches the set point of temperature and maintains it efficiently. If all goes smoothly, you are good to proceed with the fermentation process.
What are the Operational Mistakes that should be Avoided while Operating your Fermentation Chiller?
- The most common and important operational mistake is regarding glycol. Use the proper ratio. No less not more. Use quality glycol.
- Select the glycol that is chemical safe for the components of your Fermentation Chiller.
- The person operating should be well-trained about handling and operating it.
- Any kind of repair should not be done without the proper expertise or the help of a technician.
- Safety guidelines must be followed.
How to Maintain your Fermentation Chiller for Longer life?
- Managing Regular Inspection and Maintenance Records:
Keeping an eye on the performance of every component is very important for the maintenance of the Fermentation Chiller.
Keep regular performance records, so that you can easily track any kind of unusual thing happening to it.
- Regular Cleaning and Refreshing:
Regular cleaning will keep your Fermentation Chiller healthy for a long and time refreshing increases its overall lifespan.
Cleaning includes mitigation of the unit from any kind of dust, mold, preservation scales, or any kind of corrosion or rust.
Refreshing includes giving rest to the Fermentation Chiller for over a month and having a complete inspection and little maintenances.
How to Clean your Fermentation Chiller?
Cleaning is a very important part of maintenance and it plays an important part in the chilling efficiency. Proper cleaning can make your Fermentation Chiller, remain at optimum efficiency and last longer. following guidelines can be followed for proper cleaning.
- Cleaning should be done with the standard cleaner recommended by the manufacturer.
- No sharp or hard thing should be used to clean any part of the Fermentation Chiller.
- Cleaning should include removing the dust and corrosion scales accumulated at the interior surfaces of the components.
- Strong acids or basic chemicals should not be used to clean the Fermentation Chiller.
Fermentation chiller cleaning
What Ration of Water and Glycol is Best for the Fermentation Chiller?
Glycol is the most efficient and beneficial refrigerant used in it. It not only provides the desired chilling but also maintains the liquid refrigerant at a liquid state.
It does not allow liquid refrigerant to freeze and desired speed and flow rate are maintained at the optimum rate.
These all the benefits and functions are glycol may change with changing ratio of glycol used with water in Fermentation Chiller.
Mostly the 30% glycol and 70% water are considered as the best ratio. Some other useful ratios are 24% glycol, 32% glycol, 50% glycol, and 55% glycol with water.
The glycol to water ratio is measured using the Glycol Refractometer device. Using excessive glycol with making your refrigerant less efficient and using a low amount of glycol will cause damages to the Fermentation Chiller.
What Type of Compressor is Used in a Fermentation Chiller?
- Scroll-Type Compressor:
This type of compressor is made of two scrolls. One scroll is stationary while the other is moving. The moving scroll compresses the coolant and desired pressure and flow rate are achieved.
This compressor is used in medium-scale processes of fermentation.
- Screw-Type Compressor:
It is also called a rotational compressor because of its moving parts. It is made of rotating screws that make refrigerant react high-pressure from low-pressure.
This type of compressor is used in small to medium-scale applications.
- Centrifugal-Type Compressor:
The process of centrifugal type is based on the use of centrifugal force. It utilizes centrifugal force to reach the desired set-point of refrigerant speed and pressure.
Fermentation chiller scroll-type compressor
What is the Importance of Glycol in a Fermentation Chiller?
Glycol is crucial because of the below-given advantages it offers over other kinds of refrigerants.
- Retention Time of Heat:
The retention time of the glycol is much higher than any kind of refrigerant. It can hold the heat content for a long time and makes the cooling process more efficient and productive.
- Freezing of the Refrigerant;
Glycol due to its characteristics resists the liquid refrigerant from freezing over low temperature, hence the flow of water, speed, and other factors remain at optimum conditions.
- Lubrication Factor:
Glycol adds to the lubrication of the system. It is naturally a good lubricant, hence also plays as the lubricant in the system.
What is the Importance of Light Control for the Efficiency of the Fermentation Chiller?
When we talk about light control, it is about the surrounding light that is present in the environment.
Light is directly proportional to the temperature and exposure to the light may cause disruptions in the temperature control of the Fermentation Chiller.
A long time of exposure to direct light may damage the whole process of chilling and fail the fermentation process as well.
Install and use your Fermentation Chiller where there is no direct exposure to the light.
How Long a Fermentation Chiller Takes to Reach the Desired Set-Point of the Chilling Temperature?
The time takes it to reach the set-point of temperature depends upon several factors.
The capacity and model of the Fermentation chiller makes difference and other parameters also affect its timing. The set-point range of temperature also makes difference.
Every set-point of temperature takes a different time as compared to the other set-point. On average a Fermentation Chiller takes 15 to 25 minutes to reach a set-point of temperature.
What are the Considerations for a Fermentation Vessel in a Fermentation Chiller?
Fermentation vessel is an important component for a successful fermentation process. following are some of the considerations that should be kept in mind for a fermentation vessel.
- Generally, a fermentation vessel is made of plastic. Select the one with high-grade HDPE material.
- Fermentation vessels should be resistant to corrosion and rust.
- Resistant to all kinds of chemical attacks.
- Able to withstand the load of refrigerant and materials.
- It should tackle the rapid temperature changes.
- It should be thermal resistant.
- It should absorb all kinds of tensile, compressive, and shock loads.
How to Improve the Temperature Controller Performance of your Fermentation Chiller?
Temperature control during the fermentation process is complex as well as extremely crucial for the process.
Temperature control of the Fermentation Chiller can be enhanced to the maximum by following the given simple instructions.
- Always keep it clean and lubricated.
- Use the proper ratio of glycol and water. The proper ratio may change concerning the different applications. Select one that is most suitable for your application.
- Keep your Fermentation Chiller well maintained.
- Always use high-quality glycol. As low-quality glycol will cause faults in the temperature control.
- Temperature sensors should be perfect in every aspect. Slight faults in the temperature sensors can cause misleading readings.
- Keep the fermentation tank clean maintained.
What is The Importance of a Fermentation Chiller in the Packaging Stage of Production?
Packaging is the very next stage after the production of your beer or another kind of brewery product.
Brewery products need low-temperature packaging and storage so that the quality of the product is maintained.
Industries usually use a whole separate cooling system for this purpose and that increases the all-over cost of the process.
It consumes cost, energy, time, and extra labor force. Fermentation Chiller can perform this job due to its versatile nature.
It can maintain the temperature to the required set-point for the packaging and storage with accuracy and for a long time.
This makes your brewery product more maintained and qualitative and saves your cost, time, energy, and labor force.
What are the Troubleshooting Guidelines for your Fermentation Chiller?
There may be situations when it fails to provide efficient temperature control and you need to troubleshoot it.
Following are some of the most common problems and their solutions for a Fermentation Chiller.
- Power Source Failure:
This common problem happens when there is some kind of fault in the main power source of the Fermentation Chiller and it does not work properly.
Check the power connection and get it repaired with the help of an electrician.
- Improper Pumping or Low Flow Rate:
This problem usually occurs when there is some kind of leakage in the pump or other component of the Fermentation Chiller.
Low levels of refrigerant may also cause this problem. Check for leakage and fluid levels in the tank and get it repaired.
Fermentation chiller power source failure checking